- Python aficionado (both Monty's and Guido's versions)
- Regex hobbyist
- Avid musician (piano, drums and percussion, currently playing with the Symphony Orchestra and the Jazz Band of the University of Applied Sciences in Ulm)
My professional life so far:
- Studied medicine in Freiburg (Germany), Zürich (Switzerland) and Seattle, WA
- Worked as a doctor in Internal and Intensive Care Medicine, then switched to Microbiology, Virology and Epidemiology
- Always loved chasing bugs (microbial and logical)
- Back to school a few years ago for an MBA in Hospital Management
- Since 2010: Working as a Professor of Medicine and Health Technologies at the University of Applied Sciences in Ulm, teaching in the faculty of Computer Science (yeah, sounds weird, I know)
If you're interested in a (German) BSc program in Health Information Management, where you'll learn about the intricate connections between IT, management, and medicine, check out our homepage!
Funny StackOverflow achievements:
Top Network Posts
- 183Find and extract numbers from a string
- 148Return None if Dictionary key is not available
- 112Match multiline text using regular expression
- 92Remove all non-"word characters" from a String in Java, leaving accented characters?
- 86Python: about catching ANY exception
- 85Unicode equivalents for \w and \b in Java regular expressions?
- 64Using try vs if in python
- View more network posts →