I studied German in college and lived in Germany for a little while. My conversational skills are pretty good but there are some intricacies that I don't understand because I'm not a native speaker. I recently had a child and would like to speak German to her and am using a number of resources to improve my Sprachkenntnisse. Recently I came across the German Language & Usage StackExchange and am excited to have a way that I can post brief questions about usage and vocabulary.
Top network posts
- 14Difference between "Es sind" and "Es gibt" for asserting existence of something
- 11Usage of "zwar"
- 8What is the difference between "versuchen" and "probieren"?
- 7Was bedeutet "gerne" nach einem Verb in der Befehlsform?
- 7Welchen Fall benutzt man mit Phrasen wie "last year"?
- 7When to use possessive pronouns vs. dative pronoun + definite article
- 6FactoryGirl + Faker - same data being generated for every object in db seed data
- View more network posts →